Sous Chef – Asian Fusion Restaurant (Yuzu)
- Assist the Head Chef in the smooth running of the daily Asian kitchen operations
- Be responsible for the production, preparation and presentation of all Asian food Items, as per the agreed standards and whilst respecting the budget and optimising the costs
- Lead, Coach and train the Asian kitchen team to deliver the best gourmet experience to every guest
- Stay up to date with industry and culinary trends and creatively participate in the design of menus
- Prepare and ensure the correct and timely mise en place for the Asian kitchen as per set standards.
- Ensure that hotel and statutory hygiene standards are adhered to.
- Ensure full compliance with Management standards such as ISO 22000; ISO 9001; and ISO 14001.
- Any other cognate duties as delegated by Reporting Line.
- Relevant diploma/degree or professional certifications in cookery and hospitability.
- At least 2 years proven work experience in a similar position, preferably in a 4 or 5 star Hotel.
- Culinary expertise – Chinese, Japanese, Thai and Asian Cuisine.
- Creative and Flexible with the ability to work under pressure.
- IT Literate with strong leadership skills.
- Ability to manage individual and team performance.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with an eye for detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.