Assistant Head of Education
Company :Oceanarium Mauritius Ltd (Odysseo)
Closing date :15 Jun 2023
Duties and Responsibilities
Odysseo, the first Oceanarium in the Mascarene region is currently looking for an Assistant Head of Education who will support, develop and promote its educational department.
- Assist in and support the development of the educational strategy of Odysseo.
- Collaborate with the Curator and Head of Education to develop structured educational programmes adapted to various age groups.
- Coach, train and manage the Education team.
- Promote Odysseo’s educational programmes by developing engaging activities and illustrative handouts and brochures.
- Liaise with nurseries, schools, universities, community groups and other stakeholders to build and maintain relationships.
- Assist in and participate in research and conservation projects.
- Degree in Education, Natural Sciences, Psychological Sciences or other related fields.
- Proven experience in teaching, tourist guiding or working in NGOs.
- Excellent communication skills in English, French and Creole.
- Dynamic, charismatic and demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills.
- Team leader and possesses excellent leadership skills.
- Preference for candidates with a diving license.
Only the best candidates will be called for an interview.Apply